Good Morning Lovelies! This past Saturday I took part in an annual event that my friends and I affectionately call “Booze and Bake”. The name pretty much gives it away but this is a brief outline of how it works.
- A recipe (or more) and ingredients for Christmas baked goods
- A signature holiday drink
- A love of Christmas movies (specific ones…see below)
- A tin of Christmas baked goods (the equivalent to you baking for 2 days)
- A little tipsy
- A day of fun with your friends
It’s such a great time…here’s little summary of this year’s event.
We started with this….
Added a little this…
And probably the most important part of the day are holiday flicks that we watch while we bake. Every year we screen the Holiday, which is pretty much my fave Christmas movie of all time. I’m only a little bit obsessed. Also, Love Actually. Amazing movie.
Despite the drinking, the baking part went pretty well….with 2 minor exceptions:
1) an entire egg (complete with shell) going into the mixer
2) accidentally quadrupling the recipe resulting in an overflowing mixer…..
a flour explosion….
And a massive amount of dough (there were at least 2 more logs this big…)
But regardless, the results were amazing….
Photo credits: Monisa Nandi
Another successful event! I’m already planning my gym trips to compensate for my indulgences.
Have a great day!